Sunday, June 5, 2011

Food & Wine, and Great Company

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and runny nose.....yep, ANOTHER cold. What the....? So last night, after the wonderful taste of Mexican food and one small margarita, I went home and slept. Livin' the high life here, folks.


I woke early today (still with the cold) to a beautiful yet chilly day. After a take-away latte (natch) and blueberry muffin (I only ate the top of the muffin, of course) from Room 10, I walked down to Wooloomooloo Wharf to meet my friends Leela and Pete to head to the Manly Beach Food, Wine and Sustainability Festival. After Pete strapped his surf board to the car, off we went on a crystal clear, sunny morning to Manly Beach. We drove through Mosman and Cremoyne, two tiny beachy neighborhoods I hadn't been to yet. We then parked high atop the cliffs above the beach and fairly big waves to visit my boss (and longtime friend) Christy's house. The view from her home is breathtaking!
Like a postcard, but real!
Manly is a great little beach town; it's full of families and people walking dogs, and has a laid-back atmosphere that helps even the most stressed (i.e., moi) relax a bit. The gals walked down to the beach (a 5-minute walk tops) while Pete surfed, and we enjoyed a semillon sauvignon blanc (SSB as it's called here) from Pepper Creek from sitting on the beach steps and enjoying the warm sun. We tasted the yummy wagyu curry from China Beach and then were joined by Christy's husband Todd and Pete to enjoy a glass of bubbly (again, sitting on the beach) from an organic Hunter Valley winery focused on Sustainability called Tambourlaine. On the walk back I met an adorable Cavalier called Charlie, who loved when I pet him and gave me a few kisses. (MISS YOU, Fletcher!)
Food and Australian wine on a gorgeous day? Yes, please!
It was a lovely day....and for winter (today was the equivalent of 5 December in the northern hemisphere), I was pretty pleased with our 70F day spent at the beach. The wine and food were great, but the company was even better.
Leela, Christy and me
Off to bed to sleep away this cold. Until next time...xoxo

2 comments:

  1. It looks GORGEOUS. I think I could spend my whole fall Aussie trip just beach hopping around Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could! And you can walk from beach to beach along the cliffs, overlooking the ocean. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete