Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Interesting aspects so far....

Well, here are a few initial observations:

- It is very difficult to find an iced latte. And anyone who knows me knows that I basically bleed iced vanilla skim lattes. Here, when I ask for ice, they look at me as if I have 3 heads. And it's still very warm here! This morning, on my way to work, one vendor was so confused with my order that they made a piping hot latte, and then added ice to it. Hmmm....The coffee is damn good here though, hot or not. I'll give them that.

- Everyone here wears skinny everything - skinny jeans, skinny pants, skinny shirts, and high, high heels. I love it.

- The wine is good. You can't go wrong. Problem is that I am too tired to even drink any. Sigh.

- The office is great, and the people are so welcoming and friendly. They've made it a lot easier to acclimate.

Thanks to my office mates (see, I am already picking up the lingo!) for an amazing dinner last night at Cafe Sydney and the welcome flowers. Thanks to the Duofecta (Mary and Tammy) for the amazing orchid that arrived 20 minutes to the office yesterday after I did. Was such a welcome surprise!

Next up: taking a few snaps, which I will be sure to post, and finding a place to live. Not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment