Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You like me, you really like me!

So, I found a place to live! I was accepted with my first choice apartment, a small flat that was just renovated and is exactly my aesthetic. I walked in on Saturday, after having seen about 9 places, and immediately felt at home. I signed the lease yesterday, and the rental agent said the landlord liked my application and personal letter so much that she has stocked the kitchen with fresh coffee from the Blue Mountains and will have welcome roses for me when I pick up the keys and move in on Friday. :)


The "moving in" part is interesting, since all I have is the suitcase with which I came. Yep, my boxes have not arrived. They either never left the States to begin with, or came to Australia and were turned away. Thank god for Tammy, who picked them up and dealt with the parcel store in DC. Apparently, they are on their way to me now. We shall see.


All they contain are a few picture frames, clothes and shoes. Oh, and toiletries, which I need because everything is SO expensive here. $10 for a simple tube of toothpaste, for example. I don't need much, but I need the things in those 3 relatively small boxes.


Otherwise, went to a cool spot tonight called The Ivy (http://www.merivale.com/#/ivy/ivylounge) to meet an old friend for a glass of vino. And I look forward to another weekend of exploring. I am indeed settling in. Crikey!


Lastly, I booked my first trip! To Bali over Easter weekend to meet my Christian. Just so happened he planned to be there the same time I have a long 5-day weekend. Good stuff. :)


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment