Saturday, March 26, 2011

More observations....

So, a few more observations as I round out my 6th day here in Sydney.

~ It's really expensive here.The exchange rate is pretty much even right now between the AUD and USD, so I don't have to render any funky calculations to realize how much I am spending. I just need to accept the high prices as reality, and move forward. Ok, done. I bought a wonderful travel candle that smells like the ocean today at an adorable shop called the "Tiny Little Candle Shop" in what I hope will be my new neighborhood. It was indeed tiny, but wonderful. Other than food, that's all I have bought so far. Next is a ticket to Fiji to meet up with my Christian.

~ The rental home search today was every bit as crazy as I expected. I saw 8 places in the span of 2 hours, and fell in love with one which is so similar to my home in DC. I instantly felt at ease there. I find out Monday if I got it. Fingers crossed for me, please.

~ I am happy I took advice to do a little shopping before I left the States. HUGE thanks to Inna for recommending the new LV tote bag I bought. My sweet parents chased me around Mazza Galerie while I shot from store to store to find the 1 remaining bag left in DC, and Pops & Pookie - it was worth it! While my shoulders hurt so much that I had to schedule a massage at the Four Seasons for tomorrow evening (natch), I love it and it's been a lifesaver as I traverse this new city I call home. (Remarkably, a 60-minute massage at the Four Seasons is cheaper than the 50-min version in DC. Hmmm...I'll take it.)

More to come, my loves. I still miss Fletcher a ton. Oh, and I started to take pictures. Posting soon!

1 comment:

  1. Less than a month and we'll be dancing on the beach in Bali!

    ReplyDelete