Saturday, May 28, 2011

Girl's Night!

After feeling a bit down this week about working so much and missing my friends back in the States (for the record, I still miss Fletch like crazy), I had a girl's night tonight! It could not have come at a better time. I have mentioned how lucky I am to have great colleagues here in Sydney, but am especially fortunate that a few are really awesome ladies and also old and dear friends.


Leela just returned from a well-deserved sabbatical spent traveling in South America with her hubby Pete. And Steph is on maternity leave after having her first child - a beautiful precious little baby girl named Clementine Ava - about 7 weeks ago. I was ill, Steph has been adjusting to new motherhood and Leela has been settling back in to Sydney, so we haven't had a chance to catch up - until tonight!


We went to a cool little restaurant called The Corner House in Bondi.  Bondi Beach is world famous, but we are in the autumn season here so I haven't ventured out to Bondi yet (but went years ago with my friends Hillary and Inna). We went this evening, had a great meal of wood-fired pizzas and a glass of vino. It was just great to sit and chat with the ladies, who are just awesome and have been valued colleagues & friends for years, but even moreso since I moved here. Afterwards, I had the treat of stopping by Steph's flat (right on a private beach with incredible views of the Bridge) to see little miss Clementine and the hubbies Pete and Andrew who babysat (i.e., ordered pizza and watched footie) while we were out. 


Tomorrow I have been invited to something called lawn bowling in Paddington. Hmmm.....hopefully there will be beer, and thank goodness for Google at a time like this.


Thanks to the ladies for the great night and friendship.


Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment