Monday, May 9, 2011

Sickie Sickerson

Sickie Sickerson...yep, that's been my name since last weekend when I fell ill from a whole smackering of illnesses. Part terrible head cold, part flu, my wretched sore throat, runny nose, cough, stomach cramps and all kinds of other things best left unmentioned made me a goner. Indeed, on the local news tonight, the running story was that a terrible virus was going around the city and I had every single symptom. UGH! This was made even more worse by:


- the fact that the first week of each month is HECTIC at work with wrap-up's and retrospectives for our executive management team on how the prior month's performance came to pass
- two of our General Managers were in town, both of whom I like tremendously and would have loved to spend more time with discussing the business and career stuff
- not really understanding the health system here, and how one with an international health insurance program fits in
- the guys from Maroon 5 being in town and playing on Friday night


In short, a terrible week to get sick, but alas, my body said "I AM DONE!" and I spent 2 days in delirious sleep and am just now, seven days later, feeling well enough to reconnect with the outside world. Sadly, I only made it halfway through a leadership team dinner at Rockpool (one of Sydney's all-time best restaurants), had to stay home from work 1.5 days and missed the concert/seeing the guys. BUMMER. :( Listen, I was even too sick to skype with fletcher. It's true. It was that bad.


My only shining light in the last week was a lovely invitation from friends Leela and Pete for brunch out at Bronte Beach on a lovely sunny Mothers Day morning. Off we went in their car, found a great brunch spot overlooking the ocean, and just enjoyed the day and each other's company. Leela and Pete are so great and easy to be around....I look forward to more great brunches with them!


Here's the simply spectacular view we had from The Bronte Cafe:




Until next time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment