Thursday, May 26, 2011

I miss Fletcher!

I have been in Sydney now for 2 months! While it seems to have flown by in many ways, it's also seems like a lifetime since I left the States. For about the last week or two, I have really felt far away. Despite cell phones that are clear as a bell and Skype (which is probably the best invention ever of mankind) to keep connected, it's just hard to be away from my family and close friends.


There are too many things I miss to even begin to list them all (daily Starbucks jaunts with Inna and Allen, twice weekly cocktail hour with Eileen via the phone, queso and margaritas with Tammy, abusive middle-of-the-night texts from Christian, dinners with Patrick, the dog park trips with Tammy, Ike & Fletcher, phone calls that were less then $1/minute with my sisters, my yoga studio's Monday night 8PM class, just being only 4-5 hours drive away from my parents/nephews, my Heavenly bed, etc) and they are all really just my every day life "stuff". But that every day "stuff" is your life, and even when you take the plunge and dive head first into an AMAZING life experience, it's the daily little things you end up missing so much. Isn't it funny how life throws curveballs your way every so often to be sure you don't take the important things for granted?


But what I miss the MOST (other than family and close friends) is my beloved dog, Fletcher. We did everything together! And I find myself on weekends thinking that it would be so fun to have him here.  He'd love it, and those ^%#*ing cockroaches wouldn't stand a chance in heck with him on the prowl. Anyway, my Mom and Dad are so great to put up with me having full-on conversations with Fletcher via Skype. And Mom sends me almost daily pictures of Fletcher, which is just so so awesome.


Here are two from tonight (his morning). The first I can only assume is him waiting for me to skype with him, since that's where he sits when we do.
When is she going to call already????
The second must be of him after my Mom told him that my skype isn't working. :( Look at that face!
Oh man! Not only did they wake me up at 7 am, but no skyping either?
I fly home on 8 July for two weeks, and can't wait to see everyone (including Fletcher)!


Until next time...xoxo

7 comments:

  1. awwww. Look at Fletcher, pitiful. Yesterday he was forced to witness Pookie clean up all of the sticks that blew into his royal pen during the thunderstorm. Not a single stick for him to chew and all of that on top of no skyping with you?

    I would love to hear your voice but can wait until no international fees or I get my damn camera set up to skype...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking this anonymous post is none other than CRW??? :) I should call this weekend, maybe before baseball games on Saturday or on Sunday morning? You won't believe this but it costs 89 cents a minute to call someone in Australia from my Australian mobile phone, and only 49 cents a minute to call the US at certain times actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ike misses Fletcher too! We were on a walk this week and he saw a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and made a bee line for him. I think he thought it was Fletcher from far away! We also went to Shirlington dog park last weekend and he missed his backup. Held his own... and even made it walking the entire way through the big dog park without having to be saved this time. But we feel much better with Fletcher around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Caroline - we miss you too. Any chance we'll be seeing you in OBX? I can't believe you've been an Aussie for 2 months either, we need to skype, I want to hear about the adventures down under! Fletcher and Milly need to meet too - he's only got a few weeks before she's too big for him. take care! -joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - I'm really hoping for a crocodile, aboriginee or any sort marsupiel story that starts with "it seemed like a good idea at the time....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pup will never forget you! It won't be long before you have a wonderful reunion--if you can wrest Fletcher from your Dad's grasp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joe! More pictures of Milly please! :) And I will be in Corolla from 9-20 July. When will you, G and Milly be there? I would LOVE to see you guys. And then I am back in DC 21-23 July and am hoping we can get the whole crew together for a night! I'll shoot everyone an email to start planning. can you tell I am excited?

    ReplyDelete